We use IDEXX, one of the world’s largest reference labs, to help assess your pet’s health. Common lab tests sent to IDEXX:
- Complete Blood Count – This can help measure if your pet has the appropriate number of red blood cells (the oxygen carrying cells in the blood), white blood cells (immune system cells that fight infection and inflammation), and platelets (cell particles that clot the blood)
- Blood Chemistry Levels – This can test organ health (kidney, liver, gall bladder), blood sugar, proteins, and electrolytes
- Thyroid levels - Thyroid hormones control how quickly the body uses energy. Thyroid function can become abnormal and cause illness.
- Urinalysis – The urine can give insight into kidney function, and urine problems such as urinary tract infection, urine stones, or bladder cancer
- Fecal – Mainly a test for parasites in the stool and intestinal tract
- Many other tests are available depending on your pet’s needs
In house diagnostic availability:
- Chemistry analyzer
- SNAP reader – heartworm test, feline leukemia and FIV, parvo tests, canine pancreatic lipase (pancreas test)
Having a sick pet can be very scary. After all, they are part of the family. Animal Clinic of Roge River wants to ease some of your worry and get your pet on the road to recovery quickly. Call us today at 541-582-1440 to make and appointment and learn more about our laboratory testing options.